Welcome to Swisscows
§ 1 Scope
(1) The following conditions apply to the use of the website Swisscows – hereinafter called „Swisscows“ or „website“. For the use of the website it is important that you as a user accept the following provisions. Registration and use of the website are free of charge.
§ 2 Contact details and legal information
If you have any questions about our website, you can contact us at:
Email: info at swisscows.com
§ 3 Website availability
- Swisscows has an availability of 24 hours a day. However, there may be interruptions in availability due to maintenance that is required for the system. Interruptions in availability can occur due to force majeure or other causes for which Swisscows is not responsible, such as willful intent or gross negligence.
Swisscows AG points out:
- that it is technically impossible to make the website available free of errors of any kind and that Swisscows AG therefore assumes no responsibility for it,
- that errors can lead to the website being temporarily switched off,
- that the availability of this website is dependent on conditions and services outside the sphere of influence of Swisscows AG, e.g. the transmission capacities and telephone connections between the individual parties. We accept no responsibility for any faults that fall into this area.
§ 4 User account at Swisscows
When you create a user account, you are fully responsible for the information you provide when you register or make changes to your account. We have no access to your profile and are not responsible for its content. You agree to take all necessary measures to maintain the confidentiality of your password.
If you want to keep your data and content, it is your responsibility to organize the transfer of your data and content before deleting your account.
§ 5 Protection of personal data
The Swisscows guideline for protecting the privacy of its users meets a very high level of requirements. Swisscows does NOT collect any data, neither when using the search engine nor when using the user account.
Registration is limited to email address and password, so that no personal data is stored. Processing information requests and registering for certain services, such as Swisscows VPN, however, may require the provision of personal data such as surname, first name, contact details and email address. This data is collected and processed by Swisscows in its capacity as the one responsible in accordance with the regulations for the protection of personal data and our data protection declaration.
- the purposes for which we collect some of your personal data and how we use it (e.g. responding to your request for information or application);
- the security measures we use to protect your privacy;
- the duration of storage of your data;
- the rights you have to the personal data you have provided to us and their processing.
§ 6 Cookies and other tracking devices
The user account is the exception. When you register with Swisscows, a CSRF (Cross-Site Request Forgery) cookie is used for security reasons to protect your account from attacks.
Another cookie is used for the authorization session (user ID) so that the user does not have to log in again on every Swisscows page that he opens.
§ 7 Electronic communication
If you use a Swisscows service or send us emails, text messages or other messages from your computer or mobile device, you are communicating with us electronically. We will communicate with you electronically in various ways, e.g. via e-mails, text messages or the publication of electronic messages or other communication on our website or as part of other Swisscows services. For contractual purposes, you agree to receive electronic communication from us and that all consents, notifications, publications and other communication that we communicate to you electronically do not require a written form, unless mandatory legal regulations require another form of communication.
§ 8 Copyright
All texts, images and other information and data published on our website are - unless otherwise stated - subject to the copyright of our site. Any form of reproduction and/or modification may only be carried out with our written approval. Otherwise we reserve the right to take legal action against this violation. All costs that are caused by a violation of the law by a user will be charged to the user.
§ 9 Right of modification
§ 10 Termination and term of the user account
§ 11 Severability clause